Founded 1912 in Greifswald
The Paläontologische Gesellschaft is a non-profit organization based in Frankfurt am Main (Hesse). It was founded in Greifswald in 1912 (Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania). The society represents the interests of paleontology in Germany. Our main goal is to introduce the importance of paleontological research into the public eye and politics.
The internal networking between members for the exchange of information – by organizing conferences, maintaining a website and by the publication of the PalZ - Paläontologische Zeitschrift (our paleontological journal) – are of considerable importance. The purpose of our society is to bring together national and international paleontologists to advance paleontological research, deepening our insights into this field. The association represents the interests of paleontology in the public community, in international events and in national and international institutes and organizations. In addition, the Paläontologische Gesellschaft is committed to the protection of paleontological objects – in the field and in collections – that are of special scientific significance.
The Paläontologische Gesellschaft is in close contact with many other national and international societies. The focus is on scientific exchange and the establishment of networks.
Our corresponding members maintain the contact. Joint meetings or contributions of members of the Paläontologische Gesellschaft at the annual meetings and symposia of other societies demonstrate the close networking of the Paläontologische Gesellschaft.
The office of the Paläontologische Gesellschaft is located in the premises of Morphisto GmbH, where, in addition to laboratories for histology services and the production of histology staining solutions for the Paläontologische Gesellschaft, an office and a library room are available free of charge.
Contact person in the office is Mrs. Tina Schlüter
Opening hours of the office:
Mondays - Fridays: 8:00 - 12:00
Address & Contact:
Paläontologische Gesellschaft e.V.
Geschäftsstelle – Tina Schlüter
63069 Offenbach am Main
Tel.: 069 / 403 585 77
Fax: 069 / 403 560 26
By car from the south and east: At exit 22-Frankfurter Kreuz take the A3 in the direction of Würzburg/Munich/Offenbach/F-Süd. At the exit 52-Offenbacher Kreuz, get into the A661 in the direction of Bad Homburg. Then take exit 14-Frankfurt a. Main-Ost into B40/B8/Hanauer Landstraße in direction Maintal. Turn right at Daimlerstraße, after approx. 100 meters turn right into Weismüllerstraße, after approx. 50 meters at the barrier there is a visitor parking lot.
By car from the north and west: Via the A661 at exit 14-Frankfurt a. Main-Ost, take the B40/B8/Hanauer Landstraße in the direction of Maintal. Turn right at Daimlerstraße, after approx. 100 meters turn right into Weismüllerstraße, after approx. 50 meters at the barrier there is a visitor parking lot.
By public transport: From the main station, take the U4 to Bornheim Mitte, then tram 12, direction Fechenheim, to Daimlerstraße. From Hauptwache or Konstablerwache U6 in the direction of Ostbahnhof, at Ostbahnhof stop take tram 11 to Daimlerstr. From Hauptwache or Konstablerwache U7 in the direction of Enkheim, at Eissportharre stop take tram 12 to Daimlerstr.